These are some titles I recommend to understand Egypt’s 2013 military coup.
- Coups and Revolutions: Mass Mobilization, the Egyptian Military, and the United States from Mubarak to Sisi… by Amy Holmes.
- Militarizing the Nation: The Army, Business, and Revolution in Egypt… by Zeinab Abul-Magd.
- Military Politics of the Contemporary Arab World… by Philippe Droz-Vincent.
- Sinai: Egypt’s Linchpin, Gaza’s Lifeline, Israel’s Nightmare… by Mohannad Sabry.
- Sameh Naguib’s chapter in Revolutionary Rehearsals in the Neoliberal Age.